Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Surgery Day

Yesturday we had to come to the hospital for pre-op. They did x-rays, EKG, and blood work. They had to poke her 3 times to get her blood. She was quite tramitized after that and cried and cried the rest of the time we were here--which we did the blood work first (not very good planning on my part). By the time I got her to her carseat, was so tired she literally fell asleep before I even turned on the van!

This morning we had to be here at 6:30 AM. She remembered here from yesturday and upon realizing where we were she cried and screamed. They gave her medicine to calm her down. We said our goodbyes at 8:00 AM. We won't see her again until about 2 PM. What am I going to do between now and then....go crazy! I know she is in good hands and I actually feel very peaceful. I have hardly even cried today....so far!

She loved coloring before they took her. It was so cute to watch her color when she was drugged. She was trying so hard to keep coloring even though it was hard to just keep her head up!


9:00 AM UPDATE: We just got our first update. Surgery has started.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Keep the updates coming! Prayers!

Lacey Tait said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!

Ellingson's said...

My prayers are with you!

Shelese said...

Good luck Zoey, we are praying for you.

Dalling Family said...

Best wishes! Keep us posted!

Bradfords said...

Our prayers are with you too! We love all of you!

The Hiatt's said...

It will go good! She is in our prayers as well. Keep updating!