Monday, August 17, 2009

Being Home is GREAT!



Sorry I haven't updated for a week! Every spare moment I have had I have slept! :) Zoey is doing great! We have really enjoyed her special spirit here in our house. She is a good sleeper at night, and many nights she only has waken up twice to eat.
Wednesday we went in to her Peditrition. She had been eating well at this point and hadn't needed her feeding tube for the whole day. The doctor said that if she went 3 days without using the feeding tube we could take it out. Later that night, she pulled the feeding tube out herself. She must not have understood the waiting the 3 days part-she just knew take it out! We didn't put it back in because she never needed it!
Friday night she started to throw up and would eat very little. She slept very little that night, and wasn't doing any better Saturday morning. We took her back up to Primary's, they determined that she just had a upset stomach and they were just about to release us and then Zoey started breathing really fast and they were afraid that she had a respiratory virus like RSV. They decided she needed to spend the night for observation while they ran some tests. She did really well that night, and they released her Sunday afternoon. Since then she has done great!

4 comments:

Ellingson's said...

I'm so glad that she's doing so well! My cousin had a baby about a year ago with thise same thing. She said she is willing to talk to you if you have any questions or need to vent or anything. She's very kind & supportive & we are all keeping you guys in our prayers! If you want her info give me a call! 801-870-8926
-Aubrey :)

Angela C said...

So glad to hear! If you are up for visitors, I'd love to come see you and sweet little Zoey.

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I love her fiesty little personality:) I will be visiting sometime this week--I am waiting for my hsuband to get off at a decent hour and before your husband gets home. I don't want my little "germs" by your baby. Or disturb those precious nap hours:)

Dalling Family said...

Little babies always scare me when they do things funny...like the breathing thing. Glad to hear that she is doing so well nad that you are getting some rest!