Saturday, November 14, 2009

Back up at Primary's

Tuesday night Zoey started to not feel good. She woke up Wednesday morning with a diaper rash. Thursday came and her diaper rash got worse and started to blister and bleed so I took her to the doctors. They gave me a prescription strength cream and off we went. Early Friday morning she started to poop blood so we took her to the doctors as soon as they opened. They did some tests and said they thought everything would check out fine. They gave me a special non-dairy formula to feed her and sent us home. We weren't home for 30 minutes when they called back and said that her tests didn't turn out fine and that we needed to go up to Primary's right away.

We still aren't sure what is wrong yet. They are doing some tests, but we won't get the results back until tomorrow and some on Monday. There is a possibility she has Necrotizing Enterocolitis which is poor blood flow in the baby's intestines. This may lead to an infection in the wall of the intestine or bowel. It can cause a portion on her intestines to die in which case she will need surgery to have that portion of her intestines removed. They are also testing for a dairy allergy and infections.

11 comments:

TEISHA said...

I am so sorry. Please keep us posted and let me know if you need anything! Your family is in our prayers.

Mike and Jenn said...

Good luck with the test results...we'll be praying for you.

Ellingson's said...

That is so scary... you guys are such good parents! Your family will be in our prayers. Lots of love!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you guys! Hope to hear good things from the test results!

Jonathan said...

Hi its Tylers mom. I just wanted to let you know that Tyler had the same problem. The doctors treated him for NEC and he was not allowed to eat or drink for 5 days!! I hope Zoey doesn't have to go through that. They also had to give him a blood transfusion for the blood loss. It was so hard, he was so miserable!! I will keep Zoey in my prayers!!

Brett and Rachel said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers! We hope Zoey gets feeling better soon!!!

Dalling Family said...

Best of luck to you guys...we are praying for you. Keep us posted.

Shelese said...

I hope everything goes well. I have been thinking of you and Zoey all day! I will keep praying for you. If you need anything give me a call. Thanks! Love Shelese!

Stacey said...

Rachel you are in our prayers! We hope the tests come back with a diagnosis that is easily treatable!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Just doesn't seem fair to have more problems, when there was the worry over her heart. What is this intestine problem caused from--unrelated? I am sorry you and the poor thing have to go through so much. We will pray for you, and let me know if you need anything-I am only about 15 minutes away now:)

Lacey Tait said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry I hate to hear that, it just breaks my heart. I hope you guys are holding up ok. Please keep us posted! And please let me know if I can help you with anything, really let me know!